Monday, December 15, 2014

DIY Holiday Headbands

I finally came up with a Christmas craft people. It is a accomplishment. I figured out a really simple way to make Headbands out of string beads and pipe cleaners. Ok, Just wanted to say, I CAN NOT TAKE PICTURES INSIDE OF ANYTHING.
Not kidding. I take awful pictures anytime I'm in the house. And It was way to dark out to take pics and even if it wasn't it was a dark, dreary, rainy day, Much like today. So I apologize for the awful photos but, O well.



















You will need:
Ruler
String beads or a pipe cleaner
Scissors
Thin elastic
Hot glue gun




















For the Elastic: Take you elastic and cut a piece that is 5 1/2 inches long. I came up with the measure meant from going halfway down my dolls ear and going around the bottom of her head to the other ear and then adding 1 inch of extra room for folding (In the nest step)


For the pipe cleaner headband:




















1. Fold her Pipe cleaner in half. Then take your elastic and you want to fold about 1 centimeter over the pipe cleaner and use hot glue to hold it in place.




















2. Take the other side and twist the ends around each other so that it will be secure. (I am in the middle of twisting)




















3. Then you want to repeat step 1. If you have any pokes coming out from your pipe cleaners, make sure to cut them off so they don't scratch your doll.


The bead headband:



















1. You want to start by cutting the same amount of elastic. Then cut a string of beads that is about 13 inches long. Then glue the ends together.


Then you just want to do the same thing you did with your elastic for the pipe cleaner headband.
Make sure when you are gluing the elastic around the beads or pipe cleaner, that you are folding the elastic toward the inside so the fold isn't showing.

Here are a few pics of McKenna modeling the headbands. (Sorry about hot awful these are. These were obviously were taken inside so...Yeah sorry about this)



























My hands really hate selfies.I really hate taking pictures of my hands...I know I'm odd but dose anyone feel me??xD

9 days till Christmas guys. Yeah I just asked Siri how many days till Christmas and I me and my sister were both said "NINE???" *SIRENS*

2 Days till BOFA. *The crowd goes crazy*




















Lee Pace


22 comments:

  1. I would have never thought of that! The headbands are really adorable. :D
    Leah <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I'm sure you could have! Aww thank you so much Leah!
      ~Rylee

      Delete
  2. This is so cool, I need to try it!! xD
    AND YES SO CLOSE TO CHRISTMAS AND BOFA SO EXCITED. XD
    and love the lee gif xD

    ~K

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks Kels! You should try it! xD
      YEAH CHRISTMAS AND BOFA AND LEE! Yes, you should love that gif.xD Hehe!
      ~Rylee

      Delete
  3. Wow, such a cute tutorial Rylee. Love the headbands.
    2 DAYS. *heavy breathing*
    *people screaming*
    And oh Lee. Fabulous Lee with his fabulous eyebrows. *wistful sigh*
    ~Adi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks Adi! Yeah, heavy breathing and screaming is right. ^-^
      Ugh, yes I just don't understand how his eyebrows are so fabulous. xD
      ~Rylee

      Delete
    2. No problem. =)
      Haha, have you seen the interview, or gifs, where he talks about grooming his eyebrows? xD
      ~Adi

      Delete
    3. Oh, no I haven't! I can't imagine the work and pain he goes through to get them to look that great. xD
      ~Rylee

      Delete
  4. Very fun craft! I think I'm gonna have to make these for my dolls! : )
    ~Kathryn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! You should! xD I'm sure your doll would love them! ^-^
      ~Rylee

      Delete
  5. So cute! I love it so much. I'll have to make it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Meghan!!xD
      I'm glad you like it!! Hope you do make it!^-^
      ~Rylee

      Delete
  6. No need to apologize, Rylee. Your pics are fun, especially with all the Christmas lights...very festive! GREAT ideas with the headbands too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are adorable! I know what I'm making on Christmas break!
    9 days till Christmas. O_0 so excited!
    I'm excited for the hobbit, too, but I'll wait until it comes out on netflix so I can watch it from the comfort of my own couch. : )
    Gwen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks Gwen! Yea no school is so awesome!;D Yeah, its fun to watch movies in theater and at home!xD
      ~Rylee

      Delete
  8. That is sooo cute! I love the silver one! :)

    ReplyDelete