Saturday, November 15, 2014

DIY Doll Beanie/Slouch Hat+Short Photoshoot

I think that beanies are so cute and fun to wear! For a while now I was thinking it would be cute to find a way to make a beanie for my dolls without knitting.(I hate knitting!) So, a few days ago I figured out a way to make a super cute beanie with Fleece!

















To make this adorable beanie you will need:

















Fleece
Thread(I ended up switching the color I used to it blended better then the white)
Scissors
Needle

















First you want to cut a piece of fleece that is 11 3/4 inches long and 6 1/2 inches tall. Then you want fold your fleece in half with the bad side on the outside so you won't be able to see your stitches on the good side.

















Next you want to open up your fleece and sew around the edge of your fleece. Then when your done sewing around the edge you want to gently pull the thread so the edge should scrunch up as seen in the picture above and then tie off your thread.(Make sure your hat is still inside out)

















Then you want to sew the top of the hat together so you don't have a big hole in the hat.


















Then the last step is to pull the top of the beanie down and sew a small stitch to hold it into place and then fold down parts of the beanie to make it look like how you want it to look.

Here is a short photo shoot!



















I think the beanie looks really cute on Kit! Have a awesome Saturday!!xD








9 comments:

  1. This is so cute!!! I'll have to try it =D

    ~Maddie

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute! I love how beanies look! ^-^
    I also nominated you for the Your Blog Makes Me Smile award!
    http://www.agintheshire.blogspot.com/2014/11/the-your-blog-makes-me-smile-award.html
    ~Adi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I do too!;) Aww thanks Adi<3
      ~Rylee<3

      Delete
  3. That is such a cute idea! Thanks again for visiting my blog! P.S. LOVE your dolls! Skyla

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Your very welcome!xD
      ~Rylee<3

      Delete